Thursday, July 17, 2014

All the Small Things

Do I ever make just one--or even two--of something? Rarely.
Do I need more pouches, purses or bags in my life? Nooooo.
Am I the least bit bothered by either of these facts? Pffft. Never.
When I saw Svetlana's little zip-front coin pouches (tutorial here), I couldn't resist sewing up a few. Putting together matching fabrics and zippers or trims for little things like this is so fun, who can stop at just one? Clearly, not me.
They measure 3" x 4", perfect to hold all sorts of little things in your purse, in an overnight bag, or add a clasp or little carabiner and hang from your belt loop if you're 'traveling light'.
 To be honest, I found these rather fiddly to make. Easy enough, but fiddly--a lot of basting involved, and some blind stitching at the end. Sewing pouches with the zipper at the top is much simpler and quicker. And I haven't used these yet, so I don't know if I'll find them handier than ones with a top zip. The zipper in front does make them awfully cute, though; it's another pretty design element. (With the zip on top, you could sew a contrasting band or ribbon across the front and get the same effect. I'll file that idea away for future reference ;)

If you've sewn pouches and have any opinions about zipper placement, I'd like to hear them. And tell me I'm not the only one who can't resist multiples of everything!

Have a great weekend!

Linked up to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday

3 comments:

  1. I really like the photos you take, You always seem to put a lot of thought into the composition, the backgrounds always look good with the subject matter. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find the photography and 'photo styling' to be the most challenging part of the whole process.

      Delete
  2. Those look really handy, and they are cute to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete