Friday, November 14, 2014

Counting Cards

Twenty-two, to be exact. I like their random scraps, fraying edges and crazy 'quilting'.
(Not all are shown above, some had already gone to good homes.)
I sewed the scraps to thin white cardstock, trimmed the piece, then glued it to heavy textured cardstock.
If you want to make some of your own, you can find specifics in the book Denyse Schmidt Quilts.
 Many of them were made with certain recipients in mind.
Making these was a lot of fun, and as you can see, it was hard to know when to stop! I'm set for cards for a long time...but that doesn't mean I won't be tempted to make more soon. Christmas is coming ;)

Thanks for reading, friends!

Lynn

Linked up with Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I like the black,white, and orange one a lot. But that might be because I am a guy. Over all I like the bright color ones the best (i like them all) I have received a card like this and they are very cool!! It says a lot about the person making/sending the card on how they fell about the person receiving it. Kind of like getting a hand written letter by mail, care,time, and thought, some thing that is nice to see in the fast paced, tech world we live in today. Nice project. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your kind comments! I really enjoy making the extra effort to create something handmade. Working with bright colors is always my favorite, but I try to tailor the card/item to the person who'll receive it.

      Delete