Thursday, November 27, 2014

Harvest Home

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
The little houses are made from this tutorial. Since I intended for them to sit on a shelf, I made them bigger and without a hanger. All the prints and colors make them a bit busy, but I had so many pretty fall fabrics, I didn't want to leave any out. Besides, I wanted them to be bright and cheerful for this often gloomy time of year.
The tutorial for the set of pumpkins is here. For the leaves, I used pieces of a thrifted ladies wool jacket that I bought at Goodwill and dyed green. Dying (I used RIT) can be such a crapshoot, but that green on cream-colored wool turned out so nice. I have gotten A LOT of mileage out of that one blazer!
Reflect on all you have to be grateful for, share your blessings, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lynn

Linked up to Finish It Up Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Love your cheerful fall display! Thanks for the link to the little house tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheri! I've made a bunch of those little houses, I hope you have fun making them, too.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous autumnal colour! I especially love all of the oranges!
    Lovely display!!!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Esther! Orange has become one of my favorite colors. I use it a lot!

      Delete