Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Houses

I made a bunch of little houses for Halloween, so how could I resist making some for Christmas?
 Some. *rueful laugh* I use that word loosely.
I made 33 of them. Because I am clearly some kind of crazy.
I just pulled out all my Christmas-y green fabrics, and all the reds...
...then started cutting out houses and roofs, and putting them all together in pretty combinations...and ended up with enough for 33 houses. Oh, boy.
Sometimes I don't plan my sewing very well...I just go with it.
For these I used osnaburg, a soft unbleached nubby cotton. I like the texture it adds.
 And how could I not make a couple with little sock monkeys peeking out of a window?! Remember the line of sock monkey fabrics by Moda a while back? I have some, and they are adorable.

I so enjoyed designing them all, applique'ing every door and window, and hand-sewing every tiny button doorknob...but 33 was a bit much to do at once.
Actually, 'at once'= many many many days.
Yeah, I won't do that again.
But it's all good, After all, Santa's elves have to live somewhere.
One was given as a gift, the rest of these are for sale. They went to my stylist's hair salon, where they will hopefully find many new homes and Christmas trees to decorate.
Want to make your own? I changed some details for mine, but you can find instructions in Scandinavian Stitches by Kajsa Wikman.

Enjoy all your holiday sewing!
Lynn

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a lot of little houses Lynn. They look so cute all grouped together like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara! And I agree, I always group mine together on a shelf.

      Delete
  3. These are so adorable! And festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your houses are darling! I love both the Christmas houses and the Halloween houses!

    ReplyDelete