Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry and Bright

I have some Christmas sewing I'd like to share with you!
I made a Christmas 'stamps' mini quilt. These little fabric stamps are sweet as can be, and very easy to make--you just need some scraps, plain white fabric and a bit of fusible web. The tutorial by nanaCompany is here.
Rather than quilt the whole thing in an all-over design, I used the stitching around the image and the white pinked edge as my quilting. The two rows of stitches around all the stamps hold the layers together just fine. It lets the stamp images stand out more...and truth is, I just couldn't bear to sew through Santa's cute little face :)
It didn't turn out too badly for a first try. I'd like to do another, with pretty feedsack fabrics, to have out all year.

I pulled out all my happy red and green and Christmas-y scraps and pieced a pair of pillow covers for the couch. They're hand-quilted with red embroidery floss, and have a simple envelope-style back, in solid red.
 They're so bright and cheerful!
 More cute retro Santas.
And some more sweet little cottages (like these I made for fall; a link to the free tutorial is in that post).
"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house..."
"The children were nestled all snug in their beds..."
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night."
I so enjoy Christmas sewing, but I'm done...and ready to move on to some quilts!

And now if I may, a couple cute holiday kitty photos:
This one from two years ago shows the typical Christmas shenanigans around here. All those ribbons and bows were in the bag when I left the room.
You better not pout, Gracie...

Thank you, friends, for reading and for leaving your comments, I have appreciated each and every one! I wish you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a 
happy and healthy New Year!

Lynn

Linked up to Finish it up Friday

22 comments:

  1. All of your Christmas sewing projects are beautiful! As well as your furry helpers! :) Love your quilt, pillows and little houses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your festive pictures and I'm going to pin your pillows and put them on my 2015 Christmas sewing Pinterest page! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Sheri! And you're welcome :)

      Delete
  2. It's a lovely mini quilt, what a fun idea! You made the right choice, quilting as you did. Cute cats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini quilt....awesome....pillows.....awesome.....cottages....awesome....
    and the cats are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn

    What a lovely lot of Christmas sewing you have done. Give the pusses a special pat from me.

    Jenny from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! And I did...they are spoiled with attention always :)

      Delete
  5. Very special Christmas mini quilt. It is lovely. Darling kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your projects are so bright and cheerful! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully festive projects and beautiful kitties

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so many fun Christmas projects! And the cats make wonderful additions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little Christmas houses are so adorable!! Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mini! It's going on my must-make list!

    ReplyDelete